Sunday, September 19, 2004

PPA - the series

it's been too long since i last saw you. too long since i felt the warmth of your skin. since i last saw you smile. since you last made me smile... four years ago, we knew nothing of each other. and now, we know nothing of each other again. the world does not stop for my grief. and it urges me not to stop either. then, i drew comfort in knowing that we sleep beneath the same canopy of stars. now, there is nothing but the void of the night. then, the night held such promise...now, it holds nothing but bouts of insomia that last until 5 in the morning. in my surrender, i swallow a bitter pill or two and drug myself to sleep, knowing that tomorrow will hold no special sunrise. it is the same empty existence day after day. this is the only real time that i wish for death's scythe. for i know now that it is the only sweet repose i may be allowed. for even in slumber you haunt me. in my sleep is perhaps the closest i could come to you now. if i only have a stong cause, a good unselfish cause to make me work again... that would indeed be mercy.

if there really is only one person for us, then i know now that i have lost him despite my denial.

MY IMMORTAL
Evanescence


i'm so tired of being here
suppressed by all of my childish fears
and if you have to leave
i wish that you would just leave
because your presence still lingers here
and it won't leave me alone

you used to captivate me
by your resonating light
but now i'm bound by the life you left behind
your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams
your voice it chased away all the sanity in me

these wounds won't seem to heal
this pain is just too real
there's just too much that time cannot erase
when you cried i'd wipe away all of your tears
when you'd scream i'd fight away all of your fears
and i've held your hand through all of these years
but you still have all of me

i've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
and though you're still with me
i've been alone all along