Monday, January 09, 2006

faculty of the college of computer studies, dlsu-manila

today i'll be heading back to school again. although this time, not as a student but as a teacher! last saturday, i had my teaching demo and my interview and i was glad 2 hours later to know that i've met the qualifications and that they'd be happy to have me as a part time faculty member. today will be my first class for the trimester(3rd sem sy 2005-06 started wed, jan 04). i'd been given 6 units to handle, linclab (linear circuits laboratory) and commlab (electronics and communications laboratory). i was to be given 2 lecture classes initially but there was a conflict with the schedule of my current job (as i'd be keeping it and teaching part time and the cto actually encouraged me to take the job at dlsu!) so i opted for the next best thing, on a time table basis of course.

so i'll be having my thesis adviser as the chair of ccs-ct (that's college of computer studies, computer technology department) and my previous teachers as my co-faculties. how mental is that? the best thing about this is that it is completely in stride with my plans of taking up a masteral. not only that, for a given period of teaching residency, i'll be getting discounts on tuition (currently 50% but reaching sizable increments of up to 100% depending on residency). but masteral is another story and it's not one that's exactly around the corner (but i guess it is inevitable) so i'll be focusing on teaching for now.

as a by-the-way, cy and i went to robinson's place manila afterwards to celebrate. we ate at chef's (my treat) and i bought a kamiseta blouse, cy bought me a plains and prints blouse (thank you!), played dota at elim's and we even saw an advance screening of the chronicles of narnia:the lion, the witch and the wardrobe (it was captivating). so the whole saturday for me was a natural yet eternal high.

anyway, come noon, i'll be heading to taft... good luck to me!