Monday, October 30, 2006

In a standstill

my mind is someplace else. at least that's one certainty at the moment. the foreground blends all too well into the background that i don't have to blame my usual, selective dyslexia at incomprehension. my mom's come over to visit. and the feeling of accompanying her to wherever she fancies is so strong that it makes my guilt at having to be in ccna training all the more blatant. preferrably, i would have stayed at home and studied on my own. there is nothing worthwhile in the lectures anyway. everything i need to know is found elsewhere, in the book they gave us to use for training, in the interactive web material i downloaded off their site and when all else fails, i have only to type google or wikipedia on my browser and all's well again. thus far, i have been keeping my module exams straight 100s, so i'm sure that i can manage. the only thing worth coming to ust for, are the laboratory sessions. unfortunately, the uninviting laboratory has all the equipment that could put all the theories i have learned so far to work.

but my rant of course, downplays the fact that i miss home. and mama being here magnifies that fact to a point where it robs all competence, drive and focus in me to finish this training.

i had initially planned to fly home for the holidays but the training got move so that it ends on the 31st of october so i had to scratch my intended vacation dates off my starbucks planner. it didn't bother me then but giving that a second look, i'm surprised i had the courage to cross the dates off. what in the world was i thinking? i couldn't be any more melancholic.

i'm signing off this post with a quote..

Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.
-John Howard Payne (1791 - 1852)