Sunday, April 22, 2007

Jesus saves... but sometimes he's the one who gives you hell...

There is no feeling such as returning to the familiarity of home and seeing the faces of people you know and love. There is no place like home. There is no place like home...

On a dreary sunday morning, I found myself strapped to the front seat of our car, Cy next to me, dreading the sight of the looming airport overhead. Still cranky from having my sleep disrupted, I checked in to a flight leaving for Cebu in an hour or so. Cebu??? Yes, god-damn Cebu. I have nothing against Cebu, in fact, my dad is a native of Cebu but the thing is, I would have preferred to be bound for Bacolod rather than Cebu.

What was I doing in Cebu? Well, funny thing because I was actually asking myself the same question the whole duration of the plane ride. Why the hell did I allow myself to be puppy-eyed into saying yes to train ICT heads in a remote HS in Cebu? Well for one thing, it's hard to say no to someone when they Puss-in-boots-eyes their way into your sentiments and secondly, it's hard to say no to a sweet old man whose name is Jesus. I'm agnostic I know but humor me anyway.

I never would have lasted during the intended 3-day training there. Good thing, Cons was 'victimized' into saying yes as well. Call me selfish and partly evil but misery really loves company. And we were miserable in a funny sort of way. From the time I took the wrong box of training materials, to the time we waited hours to rebook our return trip to an earlier flight on the same day, to the time we were left by the van because we waited at the wrong side of the road, to the time we first saw where our training was going to be held, to the time we asked them what their background was on MS Access (WHAT BACKGROUND????), to the time we finally finished the thing and went back home.

Unfortunate events aside, I was so glad to see Cyril in the airport on the thursday that marked our return to familiarity and sanity.

Sir Jesus, Cons and I love you, but seriously, you should be banned from doing admin work. Let's keep the puss-in-boots-eyes to our chess matches shall we?