Monday, October 29, 2007

On a whim

CCNA3&4 training is finally over. After two weeks of reading, configuring routers and switches, taking exams, waking up early and stressing, it's finally over. I've passed the training, which needed every test and score to be at least 80 to pass. I'm glad to say that my scores are far from the 80 pt margin but for now, I know that I'm still not ready to take the certification.

The only thing that really involuntarily stuck to me from the training is the waking up early bit. I have to admit that I like it, because it means that I get really sleepy by 11.30pm already and wake up at 7 even without an alarm clock.

I love today. It's a monday and there's no work and no coding because it's a holiday. Cy and I met really early at around 8 and we went and had breakfast at Cafe Breton over at Podium. Actually, we're still here drinking tea as I'm writing this rather hasty post on a whim. There's airborne access and free wifi from the mall, so all we had to do was whip out our Macs. The air is cool. A sign of the season to come. I haven't felt peaceful in a while, but here I am and I'm at peace. I feel that I'm alive and that I dream again, that I can write, that I can laugh and that I can love to my heart's content. Perhaps I lack the ability to capture it all the way I feel and experience it to be. Perhaps some things have no way with words. Perhaps some things are meant not to be shared.

I feel something I can't quite my finger on. But with the sun, the wind and Cy beside me right now, I don't have so strong an urge to ponder it. I can just, let go and be happy. If only today, at least.