Friday, November 02, 2007

Halloween at Tiffany's?

Many European cultural traditions, in particular Celtic cultures, hold that Halloween is one of the liminal times of the year when spirits can make contact with the physical world, and when magic is most potent. I don't know about spirits making contact with the physical world since I have never believed in such, but there might be a ring of truth to the latter claim. Magic indeed, was at its most potent that night, at least for me.

While it started for most, a 4-day long weekend in the working calendar, it marked for me the number 3. '3 years of happiness and love' as Cy put it in the gift card that was held by white ribbons against a turqouise little box that was unmistakably and distinctly Tiffany & Co. An engagement ring? No. It was an exquisite piece of a necklace, the centerpiece was a spherical 8 laid out horizontally. The figure, that marks none other but eternity.

I am, like always when Cy does such things, at a loss for words in my delight. Indeed, it has been the 3 years that Cy has succinctly described. But there are minutes, days, years more of it to come. Happy Hallow's Eve my l**e, to an eternity to more of it. :)