Wednesday, May 11, 2005

mother's day

this may be a bit over due. but i don't want mother's day to be just another memory. here's what my hubby got in his inbox from mai/lola a few days after mother's day:

had a happy mother's day, thanks to everyone who texted/greeted me:
vey, fer, xen, barbie, nap, leni, lola mommy, christie, noemi, therese (twice), cousins liza and azon, friends nel and au. to those who attended mother's day dinner with me: den, bob, noemi & mogen, fer & don, xen & barbie, avi, uc & therese. to those who sent or gave gifts: vey (P1000 for cake & ice-cream), bryn (lovely pink dangling earrings, yellow polo sport shirt, lee black pants), fer (lovely set of bracelet & earrings, xen (big mass of lovely flowers, tamang-tama
sa flower vase na nakuha ni den sa 50th reunion nila ng pampanga trade school), uc (P1000 cash) and therese (red ribbon sans rival).

barbie drew "happy mother's day" on our carport for mum with her jumbo
colored chalk.

and thanks to my better half, den, for financing the mother's day dinner at max's elliptical circle.
it was, indeed, my day. i lazed around and, SURPRISE OF SURPRISES, won first place in hearts, except for the last hand, during which time den had arrived from marketing, distracting me. but before that, i got "shooting the moon" (the entire hearts suit from 2 of hearts to ace of hearts, plus the queen of spades) on my first hand. today, i can't even get into third place. apparently, the God of Gamblers Himself gave me a mother's day gift. :D
---
this year's mother's day was the first i ever spent with someone else's mother. and to my surprise, it was a lot of fun. however, i could never give away the place of my mama in my heart. i could always make a room for someone's mai (which would be special as well), yes, but to give away or replace, never. my mom would be the only one who would have this chamber in my heart. i'm blogging this down because today, after too long a time of not seeing her, i got to hug her again and talk nonesense with her. it's surprising to miss someone so bad without even realizing it until you see that someone again.

mama, happy mother's day. :)