Sunday, May 01, 2005

meet the parents. :)

i miss how our family and relatives get together to have luncheon or dinner. during the course of high school, my life was sprinkled with a lot of those. ever since i got to manila however, fine dining was reduced to the usual fast food or an occassional dinner at a resto. it's not that dining out with friends isn't enough, it's just that dinning with family and relatives is something else.. something more intimate (the way i see it anyway).

well a few hours ago, i just got back from a dinner thrown for Anchem at CPK who just turned a year older. and that is perhaps the reason why i am compelled to post this entry. the dinner felt so much like the ones i usually have with my family and relatives that i couldn't help myself from being nostalgic. and yet i knew that this dinner was a first all on its own. IT WAS THE FIRST TIME I MET MY HUBBY'S FAMILY. and although i have met the families of my previous loved ones, there is no doubting the uniqueness of this first meeting (no offense to anyone.. i'm just speaking the truth here the way i experienced it). i fell in love with the family instantly. i fell in love with baby Mogen (who in the brink of a crying fit still found it in himself to pose for a picture), with his mom Noemi (who was the first one who spoke to me), with Avi (who complemented my France jacket and had the same get up as I did), Mai (who made me feel at ease with her smiles), Dad (who gave me very good conversation over dinner), Barbie (happy birthday Anchem! XD), Xena (Anchem's mom) and george (which i heard had the angelina jolie lips), Fern and Don (who gave us a ride after)... I fell in love with everyone. E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E. and i fell even more in love with the man who sat beside me through it all.

thank you hubby! i hope i made you proud. :)

mother's day again right?