Thursday, October 13, 2005

today turned out better than i expected. i was JIT for work despite the pesky elevator passengers who travelled a difference of two floors. aside from finishing the search, pagination and sorting of my Central Prepaids Admin, i noticed certain benefits upon the completion of the whole project:

1. "Please be informed that Central Prepaids Admin has been uploaded to test and is now available for testing.." Oh yeahhhh. that felt good. a load off my back. really. the best thing about that is, i'm certain it's bug-free! Hahaha zero turn-around time is good.

2. I'm a day ahead of deadline. This means extra buffer for the other projects queued in my pipeline and some decent shut eye.

3. Although central prepaids has not yet been deployed at the live server, I could use it for the creation of my merchant requirements already via test or local. This means less sql scripts for me and less script run requests for MIS. They'll be thankfull I'm staying off their backs more.

4. I notice that I'm getting less and less easy to distract. At least a bit of HS me is resurfacing. I also noticed that I'm getting the knack of "picking up where I left off". It used to take me more than 5 minutes to remember what I was doing prior to the moment of distraction. Now it's almost instantaneous! Ohhh yeah. Good bye memory gap.

Hopefully I'll do as well on my other projects. And hopefully I'll learn to accept that I do have a bit of a good programmer (I'll leave the judgement of high potential to cy's discretion) in me. This whole denial is getting a bit too cliche.