Friday, December 23, 2005

white

if there's one distinct color cy associates with me, it's white. this is due perhaps to the fact that during our ojt days, i always wore it (white i mean). and it did slip my attention but only after cy told me this did i realize the large amount of white clothes and stuff i had.

apparently the impression never wore off because to date he calls me a lot of 'white' things:

1. white beached whale - the term beached whale was coined by my brother, originating from a habit i had back then of staying put (preferrably lying down) after a hearty meal. distressed but reluctant to do otherwise. that's how he put it..

2. white cat - cy makes me mew at his request and is fascinated how very much of a feline i sound.

3. white golf ball - the golf ball article is a little gem he borrowed about important things in life or in this case, his life. i'm glad to be his golf ball. although appending the adjective white is a bit redundant considering that golf balls by default come in white.

4. white cow - i'm not much for stuff toys but there was this one stuff toy i brought home one day that cy particularly liked. it was a cow. it had beady eyes and it was pristine white except for his/her (we are still deliberating Cow's gender) ears. we would make it dance, cy would put it on top of his head when he sits in front of the pc while i on the other hand, use it to support my arms when using the mouse.

anyway. despite this fascination for white which i share with someone, i'm glad that i see white differently. if to some, white is the absence of color, to me white is the complete opposite of that. i see white as an achromatic color (i.e. containing all the colors of the spectrum) and black, as the absence of color. how sick life's humor can be and its analogies: my black is white to some people and who knows what my white is to them.

i'm glad that aside from that diffirence, i know that i am politically correct.